Friday, July 30, 2010

Days of 76 ~ WPRA Barrel Racing Slack

It's time for the 8th Annual Days of 76 Rodeo! Voted the PRCA Midsize Rodeo of the Year the last six years in a row, the Days of 76 Rodeo is not one to miss!  Since I am receiving radiation therapy every morning in Rapid City, I missed most of the timed slack events, but I was able to make it to the WPRA barrel racing slack Thursday afternoon.



There is a parade in Downtown Deadwood on both Friday and Saturday, and evening PRCA rodeo performances both days, with an afternoon performance on Saturday as well.  Lots of cold beverages are available, and the grandstands provide plenty of shade in the evening, so get out and enjoy this terrific family event!

More images from the WPRA barrel racing slack can be viewed at Thompson Photography ~ WPRA Barrel Racing Slack.

1 comment:

  1. I know this post was written in 2010 but I'm just finding it now. Amazing action shots... Just love them. Some of the best barrel racing photos I've seen.

    Would you mind sharing your processing method of your vignette? No matter which way I try it I never like the look of mine...

    Nice work!
    Caryn

    ReplyDelete