Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spearfish Pre-Prom Fundraiser Raffle

It's finally prom time!!! And in spite of the third blizzard (well, this one wasn't actually a blizzard, but LOTS of snow) in two weeks, and no travel advised, prom went forth as scheduled.

Earlier in the spring, I had been approached about donating a photo shoot and some pictures, along with another local Spearfish photographer, James Photography, for a fundraiser for the senior class. Two local restaurants were donating dinners for two groups of eight, and James Photography and myself would each do a photo shoot for one of the groups. I thought that sounded like a wonderful idea for a fundraiser, and since I haven't had a chance yet to shoot many groups, I jumped on the offer!

As the day for prom neared, I was really getting worried about a location, as I don't have a studio, and I didn't figure the girls would be too excited about posing in three feet of snow! However, I didn't need to worry! One of the girl's parents volunteered their beautiful home with a wonderful setting for portraits, as well as a covered deck that would have been perfect if it wouldn't have been snowing and only about 20 degrees out! Although everyone ran a bit late due to the weather and the horrible road conditions, we had enough time to get some wonderful shots taken before everyone headed off to their celebratory dinner and a wonderful night at prom!

Having some fun in the snow!





More pictures can be seen at Thompson Photography

Thank you so much to Roxy and the organizers of this fundraiser for giving me this opportunity, and to the parents and students for letting me share this exciting day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment