Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fall in the Black Hills

I decided to head out this morning and capture some of the beautiful fall colors that take over the Black Hills this time of year.  I started with a drive up to Mount Roosevelt, where the aspen and the ferns along with the brilliant blue sky made for some wonderful contrast!


From there I headed to the Iron Creek Trail, which is one of my favorite areas to hike.  Since I had my dog, we didn't spend any time photographing along the road in Spearfish Canyon, but we did spend quite a bit of time in Iron Creek!


The colors should be reaching their peak just in time for the first Black Hills Photo Shootout this weekend, and there should be some fantastic photo opportunities for all of the participants!  This will be my first photo workshop, and I am really looking forward to having a fun weekend and meeting so many other photographers!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jana!
    Thanks for visiting my blog! I look forward to seeing your photographs from the Shootout! Your sports photos are incredible! I admire your talent there!

    ReplyDelete