Sunday, December 14, 2008

Portrait Session in the Park

After months of studying and practicing, I felt I was ready to tackle my first portraits! After a lifelong fascination and obsession with capturing the great outdors and all of natural wonder it contains, I thought it would be fun to expand into portrait photography, and I haven't been disappointed.

The day we scheduled for our shoot couldn't have been better ~ an absolutely beautiful November day with temperatures in the 50s. We met in the Spearfish City Park, where the kids were actually able to run around and pose without jackets, for a little while anyway! I arrived early to find some good sites, but instead I found this beautiful bald eagle fishing in Spearfish Creek, so he was an added bonus to a wonderful day...but he did cause me to lose focus on why I was there early!




Luckily, I did have a few areas in mind, and we proceeded to spend about 45 minutes getting some wonderful shots before the sun went down, and the temperature dropped FAST!




I am very excited about this new area of photography I am venturing into!

No comments:

Post a Comment