Sunday, January 18, 2009

Art Alley

Today, in spite of the 40-mph winds, I decided I wanted to go to Rapid City and photograph some of the graffiti in an alley I had noticed as I was walking by it earlier in the week. Being a country girl and not used to frequenting alleys, I was a little nervous about going by myself with my camera, so I convinced my husband and my dog they needed to accompany me. The dog was much easier to convince than my husband, but he knows I can't hold the dog and take pictures, so he agreed to go! Once we got there, I found out the alley actually has a name, Art Alley, and is quite well known in Rapid City. Just goes to show that I am not as well cultured and well traveled as I like to believe I am!!!






For anyone who hasn't been to Art Alley, it is in the alley behind The Hotel Alex Johnson on Main Street in downtown Rapid City. I highly recommend taking the tour and expanding your cultural horizons! There are some extremely gifted artists out there brightening up Rapid City's alleys!

No comments:

Post a Comment