Sunday, January 11, 2009

Black Hills Arena Racing

Rapid City Fairgrounds arena was transformed into an indoor motocross track this weekend, as riders from all over the state, as well as neighboring states, convened for a day of fast-paced racing!

Unfortunately, I was only able to stay for the heat races this month, having to leave before the last chance qualifiers and the main races. However, next month I will be sure to make the entire event. If any of you have spoken to me about pictures, and you don't see pictures on my website, I apologize! I still have your rider numbers and I will definitely get more pictures at next month's races.




The peewee races are always alot of fun to watch, as these kids try so hard and are every bit as competitive as the older riders. There is always alot of help on hand to get the kids back on their bikes and get them going after mishaps!



More pictures from Saturday's event can be seen at:
Thompson Photography

If you would like pictures of a certain rider at next month's races, just send me an email at jmthompson@spe.midco.net with the rider's number and their class, and I will be sure to get some pictures!

For anyone who likes motorsports and fast-paced action, I highly recommend taking in a day of arena racing! The next event will be on February 14, 2009, with the heat races running all day and the main events starting at 6:30 PM. The doors close and the building is cleared out after the last chance qualifiers, at approximately 4:00-4:30 PM, and then the doors reopen at 5:45 PM. Dress warm, as it is a little cold, but it is a definitely a fun way to spend a Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment