Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 2 in Yellowstone Park

After fighting the crowds in the park on Saturday, I decided to head out of the park and take a drive to Cooke City and up to Beartooth Pass.  I was fairly tired from my last few days, and I figured a day of relaxing and just taking a beautiful drive (and not packing around my 600mm lens!) would get me rested up for a few days in the park! I think this was the day I took the fewest pictures, as I was just enjoying the day, relaxing, and taking in all of the sights of the breathtaking drive on the Beartooth Highway.  This is one drive that I never tire of, no matter how many times I make it!

 After spending some time in Cooke City, I stopped at a beautiful little pond near Colter Pass for a short hike, some lunch, and a nap.  In spite of the signs warning of grizzly bears, with myself and my cooler safely in the cab of my truck, I fell asleep rather quickly!  

 Fall colors on Beartooth Highway
 I took a short hike to Chain Lakes

Crazy Creek Cascades

I turned around at Beartooth Pass and headed back to camp, happy and well-rested after spending a day just relaxing and wandering around aimlessly! 

2 comments:

  1. Really nice stuff Jana. Beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chad! It's so beautiful there, it was hard to know where to start with the camera!

    ReplyDelete