Friday, October 9, 2009

Saying Goodbye to the Fall Foliage


Monday afternoon, I had to take one more quick trip down Spearfish Canyon and see if I could get a few more shots of the vibrant colors before heavy, wet snow took its toll. In spite of intermittent snow and rain, and the lately ever-present wind, I bundled up, and the dog and I headed out to see what we could find. It was snowing fairly hard driving up the canyon, so I only made a couple of stops, hoping the weather would be better on the way back down.

Having fun on the Iron Creek trail!




In retrospect I should have stopped more going up, because the leaves were already falling off the trees when I turned around and headed back home!


However, it had quit snowing and the wind had died down, and as I waded out into Spearfish Creek to photograph the last of the fall foliage, I was so glad I had ventured out into the arctic weather that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment