Saturday, October 10, 2009

Visited by Cedar Waxwings!

This afternoon as I was working in my office, I was lucky enough to be looking out the window daydreaming when a mama cedar waxwing and her two juveniles landed in my tree for about 30 seconds. As luck would have it, I had just put my 400mm lens on my camera and had it sitting right in front of me, waiting for a blue jay to come back to my feeder, so I was able to get a couple quick shots before the family took off again!




The cedar waxwing is one of my favorite birds, with their little masks and their "always in a hurry" attitude, and I eagerly await every fall when they pass through the area. A flock usually lands in my crabapple tree and strips it bare within a matter of about 10 minutes, and then they are on their way again! Hopefully these three weren't my "flock" this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment