Monday, June 15, 2009

A Day at Belle Fourche Reservoir


Saturday morning, my husband and I hooked up the boat and headed to Orman Dam (AKA Rocky Point Recreation Area) for a day of sunshine, relaxation, and maybe catching a walleye or two...oh yeah, and I took my camera! As soon as we got the boat on the water, I suggested that the fishing would probably be really good right around Gull Island, and since it had been windy the evening before, fish would probably be in shallow, so we should be in as close as we could get to the shore. My husband might have believed that I really had his best interest in mind and wanted him to catch lots of fish, but I think he caught on when I pulled out my camera instead of my fishing pole! He was a good sport though, and he proceeded to troll through the flooded trees and brush as close as he could around Gull Island for about an hour, while I shot about two memory cards full of pictures of baby gulls.








Since he was such a good sport about being my photo tour guide for part of the morning (even proceeding to take me all the way to the other end of the lake to look for baby pelicans!), I went ahead and let him catch more fish than me...this time anyway!!!!

All of the pictures from the day can be seen at Thompson Photography !

No comments:

Post a Comment