Friday, August 14, 2009

Adelyn Turns One Year Old!

With all of the beautiful baby portraits I have been studying by photographers who dedicate themselves strictly to photographing babies and children, I have been anxious to see if I have what it takes to capture the personality and individualism of a baby! I got that chance when I received a call from Adelyn's mom, who was interested in some one-year photos of Adelyn. We made arrangements to meet at their family cabin south of Lead late last week. As luck would have it, Pat and Cindy Bonish of Everymilesamemory.com/Bonish Photography, were staying with us through the Sturgis Rally, and Pat volunteered to assist me for the shoot. After spending the morning shooting the pro division of the Jackpine Gypsies Hillclimb in Sturgis, we got cleaned up, jumped in the truck along with Cindy and our friend, Kym (who came along to make sure we found the cabin!), and headed for a beautiful drive south of Lead.

Although the weather was a little threatening, we couldn't have asked for more perfect light for an outdoor photo shoot, and the rain held off until we were done!













I think he has done this a time or two...





Thank you to Adelyn's family for giving me the opportunity to photograph your beautiful little girl! And a special thank you to Pat for all of the tips and wonderful advice you shared with me about portrait photography! Good luck and safe travels to you and Cindy while you continue on your adventure with Every Miles a Memory!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment