Saturday, August 1, 2009

Touring Hwy. 24 to Aladdin, Wyoming

Saturday night I was left home alone...
so I decided to go for a drive and see if I could find any big bucks or maybe some fawns to take some pictures of. I headed out on Highway 24, towards Aladdin, Wyoming, where I knew there was a monster atypical whitetail hanging out just waiting to have his picture taken!

Along the way, I noticed a new bar had popped up...not an unusual site during Rally time, but this placed looked so cool, I just had to stop! The Stone House Saloon (some thought went into that name!!) sits on the right side of the road about 10 miles or so outside of Belle Fourche, and looks like a great place to stop and cool off on the ride from Devil's Tower! Unfortunately, I couldn't go in because I had my Great Dane with me, although something tells me he would have been more than welcome! I have a feeling this is going to be one busy place on Wednesday!!!!!

I continued my search for a big buck, and instead came across these little twin fawns lounging in a ditch...

A little ways further down the road, I encountered the entire herd. I parked and decided to see if I could get closer, as I spotted several nice bucks in with the does.
I crawled quite a ways through the tall grass before the "sentry doe" spotted me and decided to come and check me out. I didn't move as her and two other does broke away from the herd and came across the field to see what was approaching them. She was only about 20 yards away when I couldn't take it any longer and had to blow it and take a picture!
It was so funny because as soon as my shutter closed, she snorted and stamped and took off back to the herd, and THEY ALL IGNORED HER! The bucks couldn't care less!
I knew exactly how she felt! I get that same treatment every time I have something important to say, too! So just to make her feel better, I jumped up, waved my arms around a little bit to give them all a good scare, and walked back to my Denali! That will teach those guys to listen to her!!!

On my way back home, I saw this little guy along the road...


Time to call it a night...
Saturn is visible directly above the setting sun.

It's Rally time...please drive with caution and watch out for the bikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment